Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Don't take shit from computers

(Sometimes or pretty often) I find myself taking shit from computers. Something is not working quite like how I want it, or I end up having to do a bunch of trivial, manual work that is tedious, will happen once or twice and doesn't warrant time to automate. Maybe it is something more subtle, like a something happened and you can't explain why; logs files are clean and no usual suspects.

It's time's like this I remember the Terminator. The movie in which computers from the future send a robot to kill humans, or maybe the Matrix; where mankind is enslaved by the machines. My blood boils with rage and I get that extra zeal I need to finish whatever the shit that pissed me off in the first place, just to say "Suck It!" to the computer.

So remember, don't take any shit from them; they work for us. Terminator and Matrix probably started with people taking a bit more and more shit from the computers every day. I am telling you, it's a slippery slope, first it's java script error handling, the next thing you know they are sending someone from the future to whack your ass. 

No comments:

Post a Comment